Friday, January 6, 2012

War medals? How to go about returning them.?

I work as a care itant and last week one of the men I visit was showing me his fathers war medals. He was telling me about them and so on. The man has no family, and I was thinking about his medals when I got home so the day after I asked him what would happen to them when anything happened to him, as he has been quite ill. (I have visited this guy for 5 years and was comfortable asking him and he was comfortable to be asked. I'm not in the habit of sussing out peoples inheritences!) Anyway he told me he had been wanting to sort out having them returned to the regiment his father served in, and had meant to write to them but hadn't been able to. I told him I would go to his house one afternoon and write for him. Unfortunatley he went into hospital last weekend and died yesterday. I have ped this info onto my manager who has informed his social worker, but how do I find out his regiment and stuff like that? I'm not convinced the social worker will put the effort in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment