Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Asking for rent: Illegal?

I have a tenant whom I rent a room to in my house who said "its illegal to ask for rent on rent day." I thought this was fairly ridiculous but just to cover my *** I thought I would ask. Secondly, this guy has GOT to go. I rented to him, knowing he had two large dogs...they cause some nuisances. The most irritating thing about this guy is that when it is LATE in the day on rent day, I ask him nicely if he has rent...he then freaks out and gets all pissy saying that I "hound" him for rent every month and I don't do this to the other roommate (I do), and that it is illegal for me to ask when he has 3 days to pay it before it is late and adds $50 late fee. Any suggestions? I've rented my rooms out to a lot of people, never treated them any different, and never had a problem. Another funny thing is that this is the first gay guy I've rented to and its interesting that he is the only one that seems to have such issues with me asking for rent. I'm a former myself (now transmale).

0 comments:

Post a Comment